Just for Fun - from Us!
How to be Remembered
“If you would not be forgotten,
as soon as you are dead and rotten,
either write things worth reading,
or do things worth the writing.”
~ Benjamin A. Franklin
On Easy Sailing
“There’s no thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue,
There’s no joy in merely doing things, which anyone can do.
But there is some satisfaction that is might sweet to take,
When you reach a destination that you thought you’d never make.”
Things to Ponder
• The only way to have a friend is to be one.
• Life is for the Living, Love is for the Giving.
• No one can help everybody, but everybody can help someone.
Resolutions and Inspirations
Mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Write a love letter. Share some treasure. Dismiss suspicion, and replace it with trust. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Keep a promise. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Find the time. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Learn your server’s name. Listen. Apologize if you were wrong. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Appreciate. Be kind, be gentle. Laugh a little. Laugh a little more. Deserve confidence. Decry complacency. Express your gratitude. Have faith. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love. Speak again. Speak it still once again...
May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer
for each prayer.
Some More Deep Thoughts
Never raise your hands to your kids ... it leaves your groin unprotected.
I am in shape, round is a shape.
I am desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.
I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you, but when you take him in the car he sticks his head out the window?
Have you ever noticed anybody going slower than you is an idiot and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we don't know where she is.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you.
If a dog were a teacher, you would learn stuff like:
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
- Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
- Take naps and stretch before rising.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- Avid biting, when a simple growl will do.
- On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you've had enough.
- Be loyal.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by an nuzzle them gently...